Sunday, December 20, 2009

Beauty.


Last Sunday, I walked down Pasir Ris Park and realised that there was no difference - There was no difference between Singapore's own Pasir Ris Park and Central Park in America. Because all I could see before me, was God's beauty.

I walked down a straight path with trees lining my side. People strolling, jogging, cycling, fishing. Bridges, ponds, pathways. Where is the difference? Aside from the tropical climate, people and accents.. nothing really.

The trees, the branches, the same sky. I had no reason to pick up the pace. I just wanted to stroll in His presence and His beauty.

I had an exam paper the following day, but I had no thought about what I had studied before nor did I feel any bit of anxiety. I was at peace and giving thanks that such beauty exists. And I know it only exists because He is beautiful. With Coffee Bean's hot dark chocolate peppermint drink in hand, I just walked with Him.

That short walk from Downtown East to my Aunt's place for my baby cousin's 1st month celebration was more beautiful than I could've ever imagined.

The next time you're nearby a park or when you're frantic or anxious about something, go check out God's beauty :) I think we all need to acknowledge and realise that our God is not just Amazing and Magnificent, He's Beautiful too. Just don't belittle the power of who God is. When we do, all the beauty that is before us will seem ever so ugly at that point of time.

I see beauty every single day. Because there is such beauty in every single individual that crosses my path. Over the past week, I've seen the beauty in my P6s, my girls and my friends. And with all the love and joy overwhelming my heart, all that's left is thanksgiving :)

It's time for me to paint portraits of beauty with every emotion my heart feels and experiences, and allow God's beauty to radiate through me. I'm taking that walk daily, allowing my eyes to see the beauty that's right there.

Take the walk too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home